Benefits of Eating Cucumber is a cultivated plant, which belongs to the gourd family Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine with a cylindrical shape when ripe. It is originally from the Indian subcontinent but the crop is now widely well cultivated in most continents including Africa. It has three varieties which are pickling, burpless, and slicing.
Cucumber is considered a simple vegetable with enormous health benefits because it has low calories and fats. It has minerals, vitamins, protein, and dietary fiber which are very good for people who want to remain healthy and fit.
Here are the health benefits of eating cucumber:
1. Cucumber keeps your body hydrated. It comprises mainly of water which makes up about 96% of the whole body mass. The water is far more nutritious to drink than the ordinary water we drink every day. With a high amount of water in your body, you have a lesser chance of getting dehydrated. In addition, it contains vitamins and a few minerals which are vital for the skin when it comes to taking great care of your body wall. It removes the puffiness under the eyes when you rub its skin on your own skin and it help in getting rid of sunburn and windburn.
2. Cucumber reduces the risk against several types of cancers. These include breast cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer and uterine cancer. These three different lignans: lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol are included in cucumbers and they are popular for reducing the risk of cancer in one’s body.
3. Cucumber helps in controlling your blood pressure. Its juice contains minerals such as potassium and magnesium and it fibers are quite effective in controlling blood pressure.
4. Cucumber juice has been considered to be very good for the teeth and gums problem.
5. Cucumber aid digestion. While many consider this to be a rumor, it has been scientifically proven that simple digestive problems such as heartburn, acidity, ulcers, and gastritis can be easily resolved. Asides, it also get rid of constipation.
6. Cucumber can help you take great care of your nails. This is done through a large amount of silica it possesses which helps in getting rid of splitting and spoiling the end of your nails either your fingernails or toes.
7. Cucumber can help diabetic patients. Recent studies have shown that using cucumber’s juice. It was discovered that the hormone included in this vegetable helps your pancreas which produces more insulin which is good for diabetic patients.
8. Cucumber helps reduce cholesterols levels in the body. The vegetable has a compound called sterols and this compound has been confirmed by researchers to reduce cholesterol levels.
9. Cucumber helps with hair problems, like not growing healthy hair as you want them to be. So eating cucumber can help you resolve your hair trouble. It contains sulfur and silicon which help you grow healthy hair. Though, specialists suggest mixing it with carrot, spinach and lettuce can actually work wonders as well.
10. Cucumber helps in dissolving stones in our bladder and/or kidney. It contains a large amount of water which can remove all waste products from our body when urinating.
11. Cucumber can help you get rid of arthritis pain. The vegetable is extremely rich in different types of vitamins and when mix with carrot juice, it lowers the uric acid levels and helps get rid of arthritis pain.
12. Lastly and importantly, cucumber helps you in burning fat. The high water content help in burning fat and is considered ideal for people looking forward to losing weight quickly.
With the enormous benefits, cucumber has, you should be highly convinced in making it a part of your daily diet, if not at least weekly and it can be taken as break snacks. So, include it when creating your meal plan.
Whenever you want to purchase and make a choice for your cucumber, make sure you choose the firm and dark green type. Specialists recommend this type and the yellow ones should be ignored.