Healthy muffin recipes are hard to come by. Muffin is the name given to a small cup-shaped quick bread baked in little portions. The size of a muffin is such that it fits in to the palm of a person. Muffins are generally served at breakfast but some people also prefer to consume them as snacks or even at the end of meals. Muffins with some healthy appetizers can make your meal more delicious and healthy
Today we will offer you 2 yummy and healthy muffin recipes. You can try out these recipes at home to give your friends and family a pleasant surprise. Here are some healthy muffin recipes for you:
1. Healthy muffin recipes: Yam-berry muffins
This muffin is made out of cranberries and sweet potatoes. Therefore it is a rich source of Vitamin A & C. This muffin can very well treat inflammatory condition and asthmatic tendencies.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Mashed yams or sweet potatoes (1 cup)
- Eggs (2)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Vegetable oil (1/4 cup)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Grated zest of orange (1 teaspoon)
- Vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
- Wheat flour (1/2 cup)
- All-purpose flour (1+1/2 cup)
- Kosher salt ( 1+1/2 teaspoon)
- Baking powder (2 teaspoon)
- Baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)
- Cranberry sauce (1 cup)
- Heat oven up to 350 degrees F and generously grease muffin pan
- In a bowl, put mashed yam, zest, eggs, sugar, oil, water and vanilla and mix well with a wooden spatula
- In a second bowl, put flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, the mashed yam mixture. Then whisk and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Smear with cranberry sauce and pour batter in to the muffin cups
- Bake until the muffins turn fluffy and golden brown
- Allow cooling prior to serving.
2. Healthy muffin recipes: Apple-cinnamon-oat bran muffin
This muffin lowers LDL cholesterol, blood glucose and keeps your heart healthy. The Vitamin E rich Canola oil and pectin fiber rich apples are also very good for your body.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Oat bran (1/2 cup)
- Whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- Ground flaxseed (1/4 cup)
- Baking soda (1 teaspoon)
- Baking powder (1+1/2 teaspoon)
- Ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Nutmeg (1 teaspoon)
- Beaten egg (1)
- Canola oil (4 tablespoon)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Applesauce (1/3 cup)
- Chopped pecans (1/4 cup)
- Heat oven up to 350 degrees F
- Put bran, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, flaxseed, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat oil and egg. Pour in applesauce, add sugar, mix well and fold in pecans
- Put batter in to well greased muffin cups, bake for at least 25 minutes
- The muffins will turn golden brown. Cool before serving
These muffins are high in nutritional value too, so do indulge without a care! So do try out these 2 yummy and healthy muffin recipes. You would be amazed at the difference these muffins would bring into your health over a period. Making healthy muffins was never as easy.